Group Sales Support Specialist
David M. Gilston Insurance Agency - Charleston, SC , Charleston
Are you interested in a job that requires attention to detail and quality control? Do you like controlling chaos by being helpful, patient, efficient, and organized? Do you enjoy helping people to achieve their goals, thus allowing you to achieve yours? If you consider yourself to be the "Best of the Best," then Gilston Agency is for you! With nearly 60 years in the insurance industry, the Gilston Agency is seeking a top-notch professional who likes a good challenge!
Gilston Agency is currently hiring a full-time Sale Support position in its Group Medical and Group Ancillary areas. Contract Gilston Agency today to learn more!
This staff position is responsible for providing quality and efficient sales support to licensed agents and brokers in an effort to increase sales of group health and ancillary products and promote continued loyalty. Required Methods of Communication: 50% phone / 50% email or face-to-face.
Required Skills Knowledge and Abilities
This position requires the individuals to:
- Establish priorities, work independently or within a team, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Take initiative when communicating, particularly when items are outstanding or unresolved.
- Follow-through on commitments.
- Have excellent working knowledge and understanding or demonstrate a strong desire to learn small group health and ancillary products.
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of small group HSA’s and HRA’s.
- Comply with department and agency policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate effective telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Maintain accurate records by utilizing Agency policies and procedures for fast and easy retrieval.
- Prepare letters, memos, reports, and other communications in a timely and professional manner.
- Efficiently use a personal computer, various software packages and other office equipment.
- Utilize excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multi-task and think quickly in a fast-paced constantly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with agents and brokers.
- Provide agent with product knowledge and assistance in determining what carrier and product an agent and brokers should quote on a case-by-case basis.
- Initiate and meet with individual agents and brokers to review renewals. Review plan design, contribution levels, and planned renewal meeting deadlines.
- Offer agent solutions and alternatives when initial quotes are unacceptable, or the carrier makes an unacceptable offer.
- Develop alternate strategies with agent or broker to discuss alternate plan designs, contribution levels, and/or dual option enrollments if the carrier initially refuses to quote the case or rates are high.
- Review applications for group insurance for completeness and accuracy for submission to the insurance carriers.
- Submit complete applications for group health insurance to the carrier by the carrier’s required deadline.
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of inquiries, communication, and coordination with other departments to resolve inquires.
Contact InformationMelanie Ensminger